Become a Certified Accounts Payable Specialist (CAPS)
The first choice for advancing your career in Accounts Payable and Financial Operations
Where Our Students Work
How the certification program works
The CAPP certification program is offered 100% online, allowing you the freedom and flexibility to study whenever suits you, whilst working at your own pace.
Getting started is as simple as,
1. Choose the program you would like to enrol in
2. Select a payment option (monthly or full payment)
3. Create your user account and start learning
As you progress through the program, you will need to complete various assignments and module exams to confirm your knowledge and understanding. Don't worry, if you need support our tutors are ready to help.
To be awarded the CAPS credential, students must:
Complete all course modules within 12 months and achieve a minimum passing grade of 80% on the final exam.
Here's what our students and certified members say...
The CAPP programme gives me localised training in AP and further enhances my understanding as an AP Manager. I can also learn skills to better my team such as ensuring that internal controls are correctly in place.
Stacy Adelubi, Accounts Payable and Receivable Manager
It’s always good to go back to basics sometimes, hence why I was keen to start on the Foundation course (CAPS) and work my way up to the Practitioner course (CAPP). Having a new team to manage can be difficult but with the knowledge that I am gaining, I will be the best manager for my team. I will also share this knowledge with my team so that we can grow together. The SWOT analysis is also very interesting – it is a good way of celebrating strengths and highlighting weakness to motivate a strive for success!
Louise Varley, Purchase Ledger Manager
Thank you IFOL for this amazing journey. The course is well-designed for a Global Standard for AP management. I am sure I have benefit a lot through this journey. Now, I am very proud to be recognized globally as CAPM. Thank you Institute of Financial Operations & Leadership (IFOL) for this great support.
Kuo-Jui Lee, Accounts Payable Officer
CAPS Certification Overview
An online program for driven Finance professionals who want to stand out from the crowd
The Certified Accounts Payable Specialist programme equips learners with specialist knowledge and skills which are required for a successful career in AP.
Learn crucial, proven best practices, whilst understanding how to improve processes, reduce fraud risk and bring significant value to your business.
Entry / Intermediate / Advanced
50 Hours (Up to 12 months to complete)
Certified Accounts Payable Specialist
- Welcome To The Programme
- Meet Your Account Manager
- Join Your Support Network
- Getting Started
- The Role of an Accounts Payable Specialist
- Career Options and Path For AP Specialists
- Measuring Customer Success
- The Customer Service Brand and Journey
- Managing Customer Expectations
- Handling Complaints and Moving to Solutions
- Understanding Accounting Terminology
- Procurement and The Procure to Pay Cycle
- Invoice Processing and Handling Best Practices
- Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and Statement Reconciliations
- Paying with Procurement Cards
- Fundamentals of Payment Management
- Effective Cash Management Practices
- Supplier / Vendor Management
- Fraud Prevention: Business Email Compromise
- The Supplier / Vendor Masterfile
- Supplier / Vendor Onboarding Best Practices
- Supplier / Vendor Verification and Maintenance
- Supplier / Vendor Validations
- Supplier / Vendor Relationship Management
- Segregation of Duties
- Common Platforms and Solution Types
- Improving Processes with Technology Solutions
- Digital Mail and Data Capture
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Policies and Best Practices for Expenses Management
- Travel Management Solutions
- Internal Controls and Processes
- Managing and Reducing Risks
- Exam Preparation
- Final Exam – 50 Multi Choice Questions
The CAPS Certification is the Foundation level of CAPP Certification Programme.
No matter your experience, this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to progress your career in Accounts Payable and wider finance functions.
Covering core finance and Accounts Payable subject matter, such as managing stakeholder expectations, invoice processing and handling best practices and technology in finance, this course will help you stand out from the crowd.
Study Online Within the IFOL Virtual Academy
Every IFOL course is designed to be studied online within the IFOL Virtual Academy, an online learning platform where all course materials, study guides, assignments, videos and exams are available.
Attend Regular Live Classes
As an active student on either CAPS, CAPM or CAPP programmes, you will also gain exclusive access to monthly live Masterclasses which are delivered our panel of Accounts Payable and Leadership expert coaches. Read more about Masterclasses here.
Study support from IFOL accredited tutors is also provided through the Virtual Academy.
From your enrolment date you will have access to the online course and final exams for 12 months, in which time you must complete the course.
Here's what you'll gain from the CAPS programme
Designed for advancing your knowledge, skills and career in Finance
Individuals either currently working within a finance role (Accounts Payable or wider finance operations) or those looking to gain the knowledge and skills to begin a career in finance.
Typically CAPS students job titles include
Accounts Payable Clerk / Analyst / Team Leader / Manager
Finance Assistant / Finance Operations Manager / Financial Controller and many more
Please note this is not an exhaustive list and is a sample
Enrol online in just a few minutes
When to enrol is entirely your choice, there are no set intake dates as our Virtual Academy allows you the flexibility to start and stop study whenever is convenient for you.
Enrolment is simple – you can enrol online below where you will be required to select your international location (course materials contain regional variances) and then proceeding to create your student profile and pay the course fees.
Following payment, the course will become immediately available to you within your student dashboard.
Regional Course Fees